Welcome to the New Zealand Professional Firefighters' Union.
The NZPFU is a key partner with Fire and Emergency New Zealand. Through reducing the likelihood of unwanted fires, reducing consequences from emergencies and helping build resilient communities we contribute to a safer environment for New Zealanders.
Our members serve their communities to protect and preserve life, property and the environment. NZPFU representatives are based on all career fire stations.
There are also 19 Union Locals in the major metropolitan and principal centres where career firefighters are employed.
The NZPFU plays a crucial role in the lives of Fire and Emergency New Zealand employees and makes a significant contribution to the culture of the organisation.
Join online and become a member of the NZPFU by contacting your nearest Branch.
Keeping you better informed
We have implemented innovative ways to keep both our supporters and members better informed. Members and supporters are invited to keep in the loop with the latest developments by subscribing to our eNewsletter service as well as following us on Facebook and Twitter. We also operate a discreet SMS service which allows us to send notifications to NZPFU members. News alerts are sent at both a national and local scale providing us with an efficient and secure way to get urgent messages to members.
Download our NZPFU organisational chart to learn how our Locals, Branches and National Committee are structured. Identify positions represented by conference delegates.
How the NZPFU can benefit you
- Coverage by the Collective Agreement
- Representation and advocacy in all matters relating to and arising out of employment
- Representation and advocacy on behalf of career firefighters with central Government and agencies, the NZ Council of Trade Unions and the wider trade union movement including international forums
- Limited provision of Group Life/Total and Partial Disability Insurance
- Nominations of members' representatives as trustees onto the Firesuper Scheme