A number of members have been asking when do the very many benefits/improvements arising out of the Terms of Settlement for a renewed CA actually happen.
The improvements won’t happen until and unless the Draft CA is Ratified. It is expected that the votes will be counted this week.
- Back pay of over 3 months – won’t happen unless Ratified.
- Job Evaluation – dependant on Ratification.
- Review of Peer Group – dependant on Ratification.
- Auckland Task Force– dependant on Ratification.
- Staffing pressures generally– dependant on Ratification.
- Engagement Forums – including Com Centres– dependant on Ratification.
- On Secondment and PCA payment– dependant on Ratification.
- Policy Interpretation Application and Operations Committee– dependant on Ratification.
- Sickness at Home improvements – deletion of ‘emergency’– dependant on Ratification.
- Training Volunteers Allowance – including Com Centres– dependant on Ratification.
- IFE Allowance Resolution– dependant on Ratification.
- A number of Com Centre concerns– Resolution dependant on Ratification.
For full details see Newsletter 30th July 2018.
So there are around a dozen improvements in Conditions of Employment as well as 3 months Back pay dependant on a vote to Ratify – so every effort will be made to count the Ballot this week.
AVAILABILITY OF UNION ACCOUNTS
A number of members have asked about the auditing of the Union Accounts given a claim made by a Candidate for the VP position that he ‘will strongly advocate for a complete audit of the accounts and a review of the Financial Standing Orders.’
In case any member thinks that this doesn’t already happen please note that at every Union Conference:
- An Auditor (Chartered Accountant) is appointed by Conference (not the Committee).
The Auditor presently is Crombie & Associates of Lower Hutt.
- Every year the audited accounts are presented to Conference for discussion and approval.
The person claiming not to know that there is a full audit of all the Union Accounts attended Conference 2017 and voted to approve the Audited Accounts and to approve the Audit for 2018 – so how he doesn’t know these facts is somewhat of a mystery.
The Union Financial Standing Orders were reviewed, updated and approved by the Committee some 6 months ago.
So please be assured that all Union Accounts are fully audited every year by an Auditor (Chartered Accountant) appointed by Conference.
As well Financial Standing Orders have been reviewed, updated and unanimously approved by the Committee.
Don’t be misled by fake news.