On the 7th and 8th May the NZPFU gathered a group of Senior Operational and Union leaders. The purpose of the meeting was for developing an NZPFU position on Command and Control that represents our members best interests and those of the organisation as a whole. We would like to acknowledge the members below and FENZ for their contribution to make this happen. Those members were:
- Ian Wright
- Peter Nicolle
- Derek Best
- Alan Collett
- Len Sabin
- Graeme Gilroy
- Joe Stanley
- Mark Neville
- Mike Bowden
Some of the matters considered and discussed were:
- Current command and control problems.
- What currently works well from the interim policy.
- Competency and assessment.
- Our position on Lateral entry.
- CEA Implications.
- Flexibility in approach.
- Considerations for a final command and control policy which is fit for purpose, needs based and future focused.
A timeline for progressing our position has been drawn up and involves a considerable work load from those who attended.
The draft document will be circulated to the NZPFU National Committee before being discussed with other parties. It will then be discussed at a wider stakeholders meeting late May.
Details for members will be made as soon as a final position becomes clear.