The NZPFU and FENZ have agreed to the following pay increases as a result of the 2020 Remuneration Review.
Under the current collective agreement there is a process for the annual review of market data within the set Korn Ferry data. This year the NZPFU also presented wage movement information for other public service employees that are not part of the Korn Ferry considerations. Unable to agree on the pay increases, the matter was mediated in October 2020 and progress was made.
In April this year the Government also released guidelines for the consideration of pay increases to focus on the low paid and front line workers. The pay increases took into consideration those Government guidelines.
The increases have now been finalised for NZPFU members and will be backdated to 1 July 2020.
3% pay increase to apply to:
- All Part 2 Trainee firefighters, firefighters and firefighters with Stage 1 Taps
- All Part 3 Trainee Communicators and Communicators Grade 1
1.8% pay increase to apply to:
- All Part 2 Qualified Firefighters and Senior Firefighters
- All Part 3 Communicators Grades 2 and 3, Senior Communicators Grades 4 and 5 and Shift Managers
- All Part 4 FRMOs minimum appointment Step and Steps 1-5
- All Part 4 Trainers minimum appointment Step and Steps 1-5
- All Part 4 VSOs
1% increase to apply to:
- All Part 2 Station Officers and Senior Station Officers
- All Part 4 Senior FRMOs minimimum appoint Step and all Senior FRMOs Steps 1-5 and Senior Additional Qualification
- All Part 4 Senior Trainer minimum appointment step and Senior Trainer Steps 1-5 and Senior Trainer additional qualification
Despite strong representations from the NZPFU for the increase to be received this year, FENZ insist that the pay increases cannot be processed and tested quickly and therefore will be paid on 10 February 2021. The backdated increase from 1 July 2020-10 February 2021 will also be paid in that pay run.