We understand that seconded trainers are being notified that they will be sent back to their stations and substantive positions as a result of the postponement of training courses.
The NZPFU understands there could be as many as 50 members in that category.
All will have individual letters of secondment provided upon their appointment as trainers and there will be variances as to the substantive positions they return to with some of those position’s backfilled etc. In addition there are the additional terms and conditions of employment including salary and allowances that need to be considered.
The NZPFU will work with you to act on your behalf to ensure your personal circumstances are dealt with fairly and all matters resolved. Where possible we will seek a collective approach to the terms and conditions of employment and the triggers around return to training. We will be in contact with you provided we have received the requested information (see below) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NZPFU requests all members who are seconded into training and are notified by FENZ that they will be returned to stations and/or their substantive position either temporarily or permanently to do the following:
1. Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Name, FENZ number, mobile number and personal email address
- Attach a copy of your secondment agreement/appointment letter – whatever documentation you have that set out your terms and conditions of secondment. If you do not have a copy request one from your training manager. This is required.
- Your substantive position/station you should be returned to in accordance with your secondment
- If you were not seconded from an operational position, provide an outline of how you were seconded into training and the expectations upon termination of the training agreement.
2. When approached by FENZ state that the NZPFU is acting on your behalf.