Further to newsletters No. 32 - 3 September 2012 and No. 34 - 2 October
The Union is aware that the rollout of the new Telemetry Sets is occurring.
Members need to note the following:
- All crew members must be trained in the wearing and use of the new sets, before they can be deployed on the appliances. This is to be carried out by the trained trainers, and includes a consolidation period to ensure members are comfortable with the sets.
- There cannot be a mixture of old and new sets on appliances.
- Members should also be aware that there are problems with the sets fitting into brackets and seats, and should not accept the sets on appliances until these have been rectified to the satisfaction of locals.
- Members should also note previous advice regarding maintenance; no untrained or uncertified members are to carry out any maintenance on the new sets.
Pay Review Working Party
Further to Newsletter No. 27 - 25 July 2012, No. 31 - 15 August and No. 34 - 2 October.
The Pay Review Working Party and management representatives have met with Hay Group Consultanta to:
- Spend two days on training and the job evaluation/job sizing systems. This is very complex and technical and detailed assessment systems.
- Spend two days, again with Hay Group Consultants, using their job evaluation/job sizing systems to assess the chosen benchmark position and a number of others within the Fire Service; e.g.Area Managers.
Given the extensive discussions/agreement between and within the parties, the Union is confident the final assessments reached are robust and reliable.
The Pay Working Party will meet again in November (for a number of days) to look at information obtained by Hays from outside organizations and to further this into final results.
The Union can advise members that the work of the Pay Review Working Party has been constructive and positive.