Easter Period – Public Holidays
Members are reminded of the following information regarding working over this Easter period.
1. Good Friday 14 April – Watches rostered to work - Brown/Green/Blue.
2. Easter Monday 17 April – Watches rostered to work - Green/Red
3. According to the Employment Court Decision (being appealed by the Fire Service) a Day in Lieu is earned: (Note: the Employment Court Decision is stayed pending the Court of Appeal hearing)
- For Good Friday 14 April – Brown/Green/Blue
- For Easter Monday 17 April – Green/Red
4. For those working overtime on Good Friday – only those persons on Red Watch would earn a Day in Lieu. All other Watches have worked part of their rostered shift on that day and therefore have already received a Day in Lieu for that day (Note 3. above)
5. For those working overtime on Easter Monday – only those persons on Blue and Brown Watches would earn a Day in Lieu. The other two Watches have worked part of their rostered shift on that day and therefore have already received a Day in Lieu for that day (Note 3. above).
Court of Appeal
The Fire Service continues to drag its feet in pursuing their Appeal. Presently we are close to seeing all the documents to be relied on in the Appeal filed with the court of Appeal.
Once this is finalized the Union will immediately apply to have the case set down – i.e. a hearing date fixed.
The Fire Service has not yet filed their actual argument to be relied on.
Appointment of Non-uniformed Employees to Fire Region Manager Positions
Herewith find self-explanatory correspondence with both the Chief Executive/National Commander, and the Minister of Internal Affairs regarding the appointment of a civilian employee to the F.R.M. Western position.