Returning Officer's Notice to Northern Branch Members
In accordance with the NZPFU Rules Northern Branch members are informed that an election for the Northern Branch President and the Northern Branch Vice President elections will be held electronically.
As previously notified the Northern Branch President candidates are David Phillips and Jeffery Shrimpton.
The Northern Branch Vice President candidates are Terry Bird and Steve Devine. David Phillips has withdrawn his nomination for the Vice President position.
Both elections will commence at 0900 (9am) on the 21st June 2023 and close at 1700 (5pm) on the 21st July 2023.
Only Northern Branch financial members are entitled to vote.
A dedicated electronic secure voting platform has been established.
Voting is anonymous meaning that the confidentiality of any vote is maintained. FAQs on the use of the technology adopted by the NZPFU is available here.
The process for voting is as follows:
- Northern Branch members will receive a secure invitation to their personal email address. If no private email was provided to the NZPFU the secure invitation will be sent to their FENZ email address. The sender’s name is NZPFU and the email will originate from bigpulse.com.
- To access the election, click the secure link provided in the email.
- If a biography has been provided you can view a candidate's biography by clicking on the candidate’s name.
- Select one checkbox by clicking the checkbox against a candidate’s name for the position of Northern Branch President and select one checkbox by clicking the checkbox against a candidate’s name for the position of Northern Branch Vice President.
- Finally, click the "Proceed to vote confirm page"
- Optional vote receipt notifications can be selected before clicking "Submit Vote"
- The system will not let you vote more than once.
If you do not receive the email, or have any issues accessing the link please contact the NZPFU Webmaster directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidates assume their positions on 1 August 2023.
Branch Returning Officer
19 June 2023