Notice of Strike Action
To: The New Zealand Fire Service Commission
And to: The Chief Executive of the New Zealand Fire Service
And to: The Chief Executive, Department of Labour,
Unisys House, 56 The Terrace, Wellington
You are hereby given notice of a strike.
The period of notice is 15 days.
The nature of the strike is:
- A ban on the use of any computer keyboard or computer mouse by any Union member other than Union members employed in the Northern, Central and
Southern Communications Centres or employed on Black Watch, or any Union member using a computer keyboard or computer mouse for the purposes of
recording overtime worked or claiming wages or allowances, or those members on Rehabilitation/Alternative Duties arising out of accident or sickness.
- A ban on all work by Union members on Red, Brown, Blue, Green or Yellow Watch (except those employed in the Northern, Central and Southern Communications
Centres, or those members on Rehabilitation/Alternative Duties arising out of Accident or Sickness), other than responding to emergency incidents
and restoring appliances to operational readiness.
- A ban on the acting up into Executive Officer positions by any Union member.
- A ban on the sending of Sitrep Messages.
- A ban on sending Stop Messages
- A ban on annual testing of breathing apparatus sets except at Fire Stations with breathing apparatus testing facilities.
- A ban on the training of the Recruits to be engaged in Recruits Course RCTPH1201.
- A ban by Union members on Black Watch on the following work:
- Building Risk Assessments – 408/409.
- Fire Reports.
- False alarm administrative advice.
- F.A.I.P. visits and presentations.
- Advice to national and local government.
- P.P.M. Projects.
- CAPEX Projects.
- Attendance at Fire Service conferences and seminars.
- Attendance at non Fire Service conferences and seminars.
- Training forums.
- Weekend training other than training conducted by dedicated trainers.
- Any involvement with the roll-out of B.A. Sets – Drager PS 55000.
The strike will commence at 0800 hours on Wednesday 21 March 2012 and conclude on Wednesday 4 April 2012.
The strike will be continuous.
The strike will occur at all Fire Stations, Regional Offices and Training Centres in New Zealand (but excluding the Northern, Central and Southern Communications Centres).
Derek Best, National Secretary
New Zealand Professional Firefighters Union Incorporated
6 March 2012
Signed on behalf of all members of the New Zealand Professional Firefighters Union Incorporated who are covered by the bargaining initiated by the New
Zealand Professional Firefighters Union Incorporated by notice dated 19 November 2010.