The Union Committee met on Monday 2 April and then with Fire Service negotiators on 3 April 2012.
The Committee, after extensive discussion, agreed to a Settlement with the Fire Service and agreed to recommend the Settlement to members for Ratification.
It is for the members to decide whether or not to ratify the Settlement recommended.
Full details of the proposed Settlement (i.e. the precise wording) will be available next week for members’ consideration (when a fully reworded electronic copy of the proposed C.A. will be available).
In the meantime however, key elements of the proposed Settlement include:
- 2.7% increase in Wages & Allowances from 5 January 2012;
- A further 1.5% increase in Wages & Allowances from 1 July 2012;
- Lump Sum payment of $1200 for each worker who is a member of the NZPFU and whose position is covered by the proposed C.A. (the Coverage Clause is unchanged);
- Introduction of a new clause providing conditions for Relieving Workers, with greater flexibility of working patterns.
- New clause preventing employer contributions to more than one Superannuation Scheme;
- V.S.O. Wage Rates to be increased to that paid to Training and F.S.Os on the introduction of the Regional Restructure;
- Changes to Part 3 and Part 4 to provide a more comprehensive set of Terms & Conditions for Comm. Centre and Black Watch Workers;
- An agreement to work jointly on analysis of the value of the work of Firefighters, looking at matters including:
- Changes in the Role, Responsibilities and Training of Firefighters over the last 10 years and planned and expected changes in the role in the term of the next C.A.
- The purpose of this work is to provide advice on a joint basis for future C.A. negotiations in reviewing remuneration rates for Firefighters.
As noted above, detailed and complete wording of the changes will be available next week.