In accordance with the NZPFU Rules, nominations are hereby called for every Local for the positions of President, Secretary, Vice President and Committee members.
Nominations close on 30 May 2022 and must be received by the relevant Branch Returning Officer by 5pm on that date.
- The downloadable Notices for each Local (below) include the email and postal address for the relevant Branch Returning Officer.
- No late nominations will be accepted.
What do Local Officials and Local Committee members do?
Please see attached an outline of the duties of the Local Secretary, President and Vice President. The Local Officials are responsible for building relationships to raise and resolve issues affecting the Local and notifying the National office of issues that are or may be national matters, or where support and assistance is needed.
It is important that the Local Officials are also supported with a Local Committee. Local Committee members attend and participate in Local meetings and, depending on the size of the Local, may be assigned a specific Local portfolio depending on skill set and interests, or represent the Union as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in working parties and projects.
The National Union communicates with Local Officials primarily by phone and video conference to update and inform Locals of key issues and events, and to canvass the Local’s view on current issues and circumstances. The National Union also provides support as needed including representation for members with individual matters.
How do I nominate for a Local Official or Committee position?
Please see the relevant notice calling for nominations for your Local below.
A copy of the Nomination Form to be used and the NZPFU Charter is downloadable and is also available on the NZPFU website under Resources, files for download.
Completed nomination forms must be received by the Branch Returning Officer by 5pm on 30 May 2022. No late nominations will be accepted.
- Please forward all nominations to the Branch Returning Officer. Each Local’s notice includes the email and postal addresses for the relevant Branch Returning Officer:
- All nomination must include the completed attached nomination form with Candidate, Proposer and Seconder details and the Candidate agreeing to abide by the NZPFU Charter.
- The Nominee, Proposer and Seconder must be current financial members of the NZPFU.
- The Nominee may provide a biography with their nomination form. The biography must not exceed one side of an A4 sheet of paper and may include a photograph or artwork. The biography will be published to members prior to voting.