The NZPFU National Committee is pleased to announce the Income Protection Group scheme is now available for NZPFU members to join.
The NZPFU has negotiated a comprehensive income protection/life insurance group scheme for the benefit of members. All members are eligible to take up this offer. Members covered by the FENZ NZPFU collective agreement will be able to claim a reimbursement allowance of up to $2600 to be paid in July annually and retrospectively. The provider is Protect and the insurer is ATC which is underwritten by Lloyds.
- The NZPFU Protect brochure detailing key points of cover and the group scheme including claims processes
- The Schedule of benefits
- The Policy
INCOME PROTECTION INFORMATION MEETINGS
- Protect representatives will be in Auckland and Wellington next week to outline the policy and benefits to members and in Christchurch the following week. Notices of the membership meetings being held in stations/workplaces will be sent to the relevant Locals. Members will be able to sign-up at those meetings.
- For all other members, and those that cannot make the membership meetings, there will be a series of Zoom meetings at various times of day/evening over the next few weeks.
HOW TO BE COVERED BY THE INCOME PROTECTION POLICY
- The authorisation and declaration is necessary for acceptance on the group scheme.
- The direct debit form must also be completed and signed to ensure that $50 per week is deducted by direct debit from your personal bank account to the NZPFU Insurance account and the premiums will then be paid to the insurer post tax.
- In July 2024 NZPFU members covered by the collective agreement will be reimbursed up to $2600 per year retrospectively (period 1 July 2023-30 June 2024) and therefore cannot be included as tax-deductible for personal tax purposes.
- For NZPFU members not covered by the collective agreement the insurance can be included for personal tax purposes as will not be reimbursed.
HOW TO CLAIM REIMBURSEMENT
NZPFU members covered by the collective agreement can claim up to $2600 reimbursement of premiums paid for income protection and/or life insurance for the period 1 July 2022 - 30 June 2023.
- If you have been a member of the NZPFU Compensation Insurance which is a Life Insurance and FENZ has been deducting your premium from your wages, email NHQPayroll@fireandemergency.nz notifying them they have the records of premiums paid through deductions and you are requesting reimbursement in accordance with the FENZ NZPFU Collective Agreement.
- If you have other income protection and/or life insurance email NHQPayroll@fireandemergency.nz with evidence of the premiums paid for that period and a copy of your policy seeking reimbursement in accordance with the FENZ NZPFU collective agreement.