All members are expected to participate in the strike action. Whilst the local committee understands that some members have commitments outside of FENZ, on this occasion it is important that you put the interests of the NZPFU and the membership first. Without your attendance our message is silent.
On the day of the strike action, off-duty members will assemble at the station they would usually work at no later than 10.45am or on site at their station’s strike location below. At 11.00am all on duty crews will exit the station ensuring you leave your pagers on station. The members will then walk or move by private vehicle to the following strike locations. If you are unsure where to go, make your way to NHQ, 80 The Terrace.
- Kilbirnie Station – Cobham Drive/Evans Bay Parade
- Newtown Station – Wellington City Mission, Gordon Place
- City Station - 80 The Terrace, NHQ
- Brooklyn Station - 80 The Terrace, NHQ
- Karori Station - 80 The Terrace, NHQ
- Thorndon Station – 80 The Terrace, NHQ
- Johnsonville Station - Johnsonville Mall
- Porirua Station - Kmart
- Paraparaumu Station – Kapiti Road
- Seaview Station – Outside Hutt Hospital, High Street
- Avalon Station - Outside Hutt Hospital, High Street
- Trentham Station - Main Street
- Remutaka Station – Main Street
- Comcen, Trainers and Black watch - 80 The Terrace, NHQ
Conduct and NZPFU messagesAll members are asked to conduct themselves in a positive and professional manner. Whilst we have a number of grievances with FENZ, this action is not to be used for personal attacks and the public should not be disrupted.
Members are asked to stick to the messages that we have been putting out through social media, mainstream media, and our station and truck signage. Feel free to construct banners or signs that portray these messages. For the purpose of the strike, where available, take the FireCrisis signs off the station billboards and reattach when we return to station.
All members are asked to wear their red Union T-Shirts; if you don’t have one please get in touch with your station rep or a committee member as there are more available. Please bring your bunker coat if you have one available.
Members are invited to bring family members or close friends who want to support our cause. If there are any members who have concerns or questions please get in touch with your station rep, Carlos Dempsey, or Josh McAlpine.