Payment Of Additional/Special Pay Claims
The Fire Service’s determination not to pay additional/special pay claims for most members arising during the period of Strike Action is not correct and unless rectified will be challenged legally by the Union.
The Fire Service is aware of these additional/special pay claims; the work was done; and the law is clear that the additional/special claims must be paid without pre-conditions.
The Union has advised the Fire Service that unless it receives confirmation that these claims have been paid by midday Friday 31 July 2009, legal action will be commenced.
Four Union members who have made such claims have agreed to front the Union’s legal action if it becomes necessary.
Given these circumstances, the Union’s advice to all other members is to, in the interim, retrospectively proceed such claims through the S.M.S. system.
Further Notice Of Strike Action
The Union has filed Notice of further Strike Action:
- A ban on logging onto the Fire Service intranet by any member employed anywhere in New Zealand other than members employed in the Northern, Central
and Southern Communications Centres.
- A ban on making and/or creating and/or maintaining manual records or records, apart from those relating to additional pay claims and/or accident
reports and/or absence from duty.
- The strike will commence at 0800 hours on 6 August 2009 and will conclude at 0800 hours on 13 August 2009.
- The strike will be continuous.
- The strike will occur wherever members are employed throughout New Zealand but excluding the Northern, Central and Southern Communications Centres.