As advised at Ratification meetings arising out of the C.A bargaining, the Fire Service agreed to review the maximum amounts reimbursed for eye checks and spectacles.
This has occurred and the new provisions are:
- No change to the eligibility criteria;
- Members choosing their own provider;
- Reimbursement of the full cost of the eye examination – on receipt – likely range from $60 - $100.
- Increased reimbursement of the cost of single vision, plain glass spectacles (from $150) to up to $200. (This would cover the basic cost of most frames/lenses).
This overall represents a contribution from the Fire Service of generally between $240 - $300 (presently an average cost of around $210).
These changes will be effected late in August.
Fire Service Review
Available for download is the Union’s submission on the Fire Service Review – Discussion Document.
The Submission is in the context of:
- A number of discussions with the Minister and officials developing the Discussion Document; and
- Generally addresses the broad issues the Discussion Document raises. Obviously the detailed proposals which eventually arise will require further more detailed consideration.