At an urgent meeting of the Auckland Local Committee today, to discuss the apparent confusion that surrounds the Auckland Local’s position on Section 66 appointments, the Committee unanimously passed the following resolution which clearly and unequivocally states the present position of the Auckland Local and should leave all members with no doubt as to what is required.
Members should be aware also that the position stated in the resolution is also the position of the NZPFU National Committee.
Resolution re Section 66 Appointments
This meeting of the Auckland Local Committee, noting the extensive discussions/information that has occurred over some considerable time regarding the use of members to act up into Executive Officer positions, including:
- Resolution of the 1996 AGM and detailed in a Notice to Members of 1 October 1996
- Notices to Members of 9 May 2005, 27 March 2006, 17 October 2008, 3 December 2008, and 23 December 2008
- Local Committee meetings of 22 January 2008 and 25 February 2008
- Action in May 2008 requesting three members acting up as DCFO’s to return to SSO duties
- Similar various correspondence to 2 members of 26 December 2008, 2 January 2009, 5 January 2009, 7 January 2009, 8 January 2009, 9 January 2009 and 10 January 2009;
confirms its longstanding position that the Local will only agree to allow members to act up into Executive Officer positions if the circumstances surrounding that acting up, e.g. reason for, duration, return to operational duties, applicable conditions are agreeable; and that any acting up is provided for in a variation to the CEA as agreed in written form between the Union and the employer.
The Auckland Local calls on the two members who are at present acting up, to immediately return to their SSO positions.