Last Minute Reminder – Joining the Superannuation Scheme
Members are reminded of the new policy adopted by the Superannuation Scheme Trustees regarding joining the Scheme after 3 months of being employed.
The policy was detailed in Super News No.69.
From 1 December 2003, any employee wishing to join the Superannuation Scheme after 3 months employment will be subject to a medical examination process :
- A Personal Medical Statement will be required;
- and if required, a Medical Examination by the Scheme’s Medical Advisor.
As a result of that examination, the Trustees will determine that the potential member can :
- Become a member of the Scheme without conditions.
- Become a member of the Scheme with conditions.
- Be declined membership of the Scheme.
Medical Certificate/Prescription Glasses for Driver’s Licence
Members are reminded of the agreement with the Fire Service as follows :
- The Fire Service will reimburse the cost of such medicals on production of receipts and evidence that the cost has been incurred.
- Additional costs directly attributable to securing the required level of licence, such as prescription lenses where these are to a higher standard than those required for a general motor vehicle, will be considered on a case by case basis, but will generally be given favourable consideration.
Consequently, members should retain the receipts for the cost of medicals on licence renewal and similarly, keep receipts if a glasses update is needed. These receipts are to be given to your DCFO.