Check your pay slips today as NZPFU members will receive their 2020 remuneration review pay increases from today and the backdated payment to 1 July 2020.
In accordance with the NZPFU FENZ current collective agreement, every year the remuneration rates for all members/classifications covered by the agreement are reviewed. Last year it was a prolonged effort to reach agreement with a range of factors considered including the Government guidelines released during the Covid-19 lockdown to focus on low paid and front line workers. In November we informed members of the increases as detailed below.
In line with a previous NZPFU conference resolution the NZPFU union fees are calculated to 0.75% of the weekly wage of a Senior Firefighter (Grade 1) with 10 years’ experience. From your next fortnight’s pay, members union fees will be $22.86 a fortnight. We will not be backdating the increase in union fees.
3% pay increase to apply to:
- All Part 2 Trainee firefighters, firefighters and firefighters with Stage 1 Taps
- All Part 3 Trainee Communicators and Communicators Grade 1
1.8% pay increase to apply to:
- All Part 2 Qualified Firefighters and Senior Firefighters
- All Part 3 Communicators Grades 2 and 3, Senior Communicators Grades 4 and 5 and Shift Managers
- All Part 4 FRMOs minimum appointment Step and Steps 1-5
- All Part 4 Trainers minimum appointment Step and Steps 1-5
- All Part 4 VSOs
1% increase to apply to:
- All Part 2 Station Officers and Senior Station Officers
- All Part 4 Senior FRMOs minimum appointment Step and all Senior FRMOs Steps 1-5 and Senior Additional Qualification
- All Part 4 Senior Trainer minimum appointment step and Senior Trainer Steps 1-5 and Senior Trainer additional qualification