FENZ has released its decisions from the re-consultation document. Basically, FENZ is steaming ahead with its proposals despite the feedback.
The one significant change is converting one Advisor Risk Reduction position to make two Senior Advisor Risk Reduction positions in Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Wellington and Canterbury. All other FENZ proposals on the number and location of Community Readiness and Recovery or Risk Reduction staffing remains as proposed.
We have a number of members concerned that FENZ is continuing with its appointment process despite the NZPFU Employment Court case decision being outstanding. The NZPFU legal team is raising those serious matters with FENZ.
We have members affected by Tranche 2B concerned they are being compromised by FENZ’s actions and nervous about the process given the uncertainty. We advise our members they should notify FENZ of the following:
- That the NZPFU has advised that as the Decision of the Employment Court is outstanding, FENZ should not be proceeding with any part of any appointment process including calling for expressions of interest or applications.
- That it is unreasonable for FENZ to expect its employees to apply for positions where the terms and conditions of employment are not known including the salary and other relevant conditions. As you are a member of a union which covers the work to be done, with collective agreements that cover your current position, it is a breach of good faith for FENZ to refuse to negotiate a variation or bargain the terms and conditions for the CRR and RR positions.
- Explain any stress and/or pressure FENZ’s actions are causing and how that is affecting you.
- Explain any concerns that you will be disadvantaged if you do not put in an expression of interest and are only participating at this time because of the pressure to do so.
- Then state any position/s you are expressing an interest in without prejudice to all the issues you raise including the union attempting to negotiate terms and conditions of employment.
NZPFU National Secretary
PSA National Organiser