Members are updated on the conditions of the following firefighters who were injured in yesterday’s disaster in Hamilton:
- Merv Neil – located Middlemore Hospital – Burns Unit, very serious condition
- Dennis Wells – located Waikato Hospital - High Dependency Unit.
- Adrian Brown – located Waikato Hospital - High Dependency Unit.
- Dave Beanland - located Waikato Hospital – open ward.
- Alven Walker – located Waikato Hospital – open ward.
- Brian Halford – located Waikato Hospital – Intensive Care Unit.
- Cameron Grylls – discharged from Waikato Hospital.
The Union is asking that members do not phone the hospitals as their switchboards are becoming overloaded and they simply do not have the resources and capacity to cope.
Instead, members can phone the Welfare Officer based at Hamilton City Fire Station on (07) 849-1067. Waikato Hospital will keep the Welfare Officer updated on the condition of the injured.
The Fire Service hopes to provide updates and reports on individual’s progress via FireNet.