Members will be aware that the new agreement for attending training courses and associated entitlements has now been promulgated and therefore it would appear to be in effect.
With regard to this agreement members should be aware that for courses of less than 5 days duration there is no requirement to complete either night shift immediately before or after the course.
Members should also be aware of the implications of the Hours of Work Policy and in particular, the clause relating to working no more than 72 hrs in a 6-day period. Members should calculate how many hours they would be required to work including their normal sets of shifts and the course, this should determine how much time you might require off after the course.
Members should also be aware that for 5 day courses will be attended on a black watch basis and the agreement reached means you are required to 48 hours off work before and after the course. Be aware that the 48 hours starts from the time you get home, not when the course finishes.
Other issues your local is working on
- Replacements for Paraparaumu Staff on leave
- Manning requirements at Paraparaumu
- Changes to the Arapawa relieving policy
- Employment Relations Education courses for Reps
- New Johnsonville Station; Local has approved a working party (from a cross section of Operational staff) set up to address all associated issues
- Physical Competency Assessment Trial in Wellington