After a number of days of bargaining and extensive work on bench-marking for Part 3 and 4, the Union and the Fire Service are now in a position to refer a Proposed Settlement for your consideration.
1. Pay increases for Part 2 Officers & Firefighters arising out of existing Clause 220.127.116.11 – 3 (that is – arising out of the market data review and already agreed): of
- 2.62% for Firefighters;
- 1.2% for Officers (Plus 2.5% continued market rate phase in);
- A new Pay Structure with 5 steps and the introduction of market related benchmarks for Black Watch (very similar to that applying for Part 2 Officers;
- Market related benchmarks for Comm. Centres.
2. Implementation of the increased Overtime Rates (as the reduction in short term absences has been achieved) – and as in the 2013 Agreement).
- For Firefighters:
1.3 times the standard hourly rate for the first three hours of all overtime worked on a weekday, and before 12pm on a Saturday.
- 1.3.3 Times the standard hourly rate for all overtime worked in excess of the first three hours, and all overtime worked after 12pm on a Saturday, or any time on a Sunday.
- 1.5 times the standard hourly rate for all overtime worked on a Public Holiday.
- For Officers.
1.2 times the standard hourly rate for the first three hours of all overtime worked on a weekday, and before 12pm on a Saturday.
- 1.3 times the standard hourly rate – for all overtime worked in excess of the first three hours, and all overtime worked after 12pm on a Saturday, or at any time on a Sunday.
- 1.5 times the standard hourly rate for all overtime on a Public Holiday.
3. All Pay Rates to be increased by market data review for 2016, 2017 and 2018 (that is a 3 Year Term). The Part 2 pay increases arise out of the existing C.A. and are not part of the Ratification Process.
4. Part 2 Pay Increases will be paid on and from 1 July. The proposed new rates for Part 3 and 4 will be subject to ratification but will be back-dated to 1 July 2015. The ongoing market rate mechanism increases for 2016, 2017, and 2018 are subject to this ratification.
5. Other changes as detailed on the terms of Settlement:
- Payment of the IFE Allowances – will now specifically apply to Part 3 and 4;
- Changes for Part 3 relating to Time Banking, Training Courses, and a commitment to provide clear guidance for shift changes;
- Minor changes to the P.C.A. provisions, particularly relating to practices;
- I.C.T. – Statement on mobile devices;
- Updating of costs relating to eye examinations and glasses.
- Allowances as in Table 1 and Table 8 will increase by 1.91% (average of the pay rate movement).
6. The effect of the Settlement is quite straightforward for those covered by Part 2 (Officers & Firefighters). However, for Part 3 and 4, it is not so straightforward.
Black Watch now has (5 step) pay progression with agreed criteria for progression – these are very closely based on the principles that have applied for 2 years for Station Officers in their first 5 years of appointment. As well, for Black Watch, there is a need for translation onto the new rates/steps.
Prior to Ratification meetings, there will be specific meetings for Part 3 and Part 4 to detail the changes proposed. As well, all Black Watch members will be provided with specific information on their translation onto the new steps and pay rate.
7. There were and are no employer claw-backs proposed and consequently the Settlement includes no changes from the employer.
8. There are a large number of downloads that provide some specific information:
There may well be further information that becomes available and this will be provided before ratification meetings are held.
Meetings will be organized shortly and hopefully will occur over the next 3 weeks, and members will be advised ASAP.
At ratification meetings the Committee will be recommending that you ratify this Proposed Settlement.