FENZ has confirmed the backpay for the NZPFU members covered by the collective employment agreement will be paid on 3 May 2023. At the time of ratification it was indicated that the backpay would be paid in the first pay in May.
- Backpay to the relevant dates will apply to workers covered by the CEA as at date of ratification.
- Workers who returned to FENZ after a period of absence through COVID will receive backpay on earnings for the whole period they were at FENZ, rather than only back to date of resumption.
- Workers who were in roles that were covered by the CEA during the relevant backdating period, and who have changed roles or unions but remained employed at FENZ, will be eligible for backpay for the period during which they were in a relevant role covered by the CEA.
- Any worker who leaves after ratification, will be eligible for backpay due to them.
- Workers who are no longer at FENZ at the date of ratification, are not eligible for backpay in relation to the ratification of the agreement. The agreement was ratified on 18 December 2023.
Attached are the following documents which have been provided previously:
- Terms of settlement
- Appendix one as referred to in the Terms of Settlement
- Part 3 and 4 rates
- Part 5 tables (Firefighters and Officers)