Further to Newsletter No. 15 – 4 April 2012.
Attached are the various new wordings in the Proposed Collective Agreement:
- 2.7% increase in Wages and Allowances from 5 January 2012.
- A further 1.5% increase in Wages and Allowances from 1 July 2012.
Introduction of a new Clause providing conditions for Relieving Workers, with greater flexibility of working patterns, to be introduced on 1
- Provides that worker must be a Qualified Firefighter at least, to be a Reliever.
- A worker must apply to become a Reliever – i.e. no directed transfers.
- All new recruits will be offered employment on the basis of being able to be appointed to Relieving once they attain the rank of Q.F.F.
- A $60 a week payment for Relieving.
- Existing Relievers stay on existing conditions.
- Usual Station defined as closest Station to the worker’s home in the Fire District employed.
- No relieving outside of the Fire Service District that you are employed in.
- A Lump sum of $1200 for each worker who is a member of the Union and whose position is covered by the proposed Collective Agreement (the coverage Clause is unchanged).
- A new Clause preventing the employer contributing to more than one Superannuation Scheme.
- New Part 3 – Communication Centre Workers
- New Part 4 – Black Watch Workers
- V.S.O. Wage Rates to be increased to that paid to Training and F.S.Os on the introduction of Region Restructure.
An agreement to work jointly on analysis of the value of the work of Firefighters looking at matters including:
- Changes to the Role, Responsibilities and Training of Firefighters over the last 10 years and expected changes in the role over the total period of the next Collective Agreement.
- The purpose of this work is to provide advice on a Joint basis for future C.A. negotiations in reviewing remuneration rates for Firefighters.
Ratification meetings are presently being organized in Locals and members will be advised of details as soon as possible.
Obviously, with any Ratification Ballot, it is extremely important that members make all efforts to attend those meetings to have your say in the Ballot.