FENZ still needs your help in contacting former employees to ensure they receive outstanding Holiday pay that is owed.
Can members please pass on this information to retired members or the families of retired members who were employed between 1 January 2010 and 2 July 2020 and request that they make contact with Fire and Emergency at: HolidaysActProject@fireandemergency.nz if they have not already done so. This is for all former employees who were working for the NZFS or FENZ at any time during that period.
- In 2016, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) determined many organisations, including Fire and Emergency, had not been accurately paying holiday leave due to a misinterpretation of the Holidays Act 2003.
- FENZ has identified 1029 former employees who are eligible for remediation payments, but FENZ does not have up-to-date details for all of these people.
- There are over 500 who have contacted FENZ and registered. FENZ has sent out a letter to a further 500 former employees who they had an address for, although not all addresses will be current.
- Those former employees who have registered with FENZ will now be contacted to complete a form and attach the required documents.
- Once the returned documentation has been checked and a payment arranged, former employees will be advised when their payment will be made.
- FENZ will commence payments from pay date 19 October 2020 for registered former employees who have completed the documentation.
- FENZ envisages a large influx of forms so has asked for patience while they process the payments.
- FENZ would appreciate assistance if anyone is in contact with former employees to ask them to email HolidaysActProject@fireandemergency.nz if they have not already done so.
- If you know of former employees who do not access the internet, or do not have email, please email their contact details on their behalf, or ring the NZPFU office 04 568 4583 and we will forward their details on their behalf.
- If you require more information, or can advise of former employee contact details, please email HolidaysActProject@fireandemergency.nz