Electronic voting kicks off at 0900 hours on 21 June for the triennial Local elections for the Locals where the Local Officials and Committee were not elected unopposed.
Relevant members will receive a secure invitation to vote via their personal email address. If a personal email address has not been provided to the NZPFU the email will be sent to their FENZ email address. Anyone who wants to nominate a different email address please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the NZPFU Rules where there are common candidates for the elections for Local Secretary, President and/or Vice President the elections must be conducted in that order. Therefore two rounds of elections have been scheduled for Wellington, Christchurch and Timaru Locals.
The elections will be declared on 30 July 2022 and those elected unopposed or elected through a contested election will assume their positions as of 1 August 2022.
The schedule of elections are as follows:
Elections commencing 0900 hours on 21 June 2022 and closing 1700 hours on 5 July 2022
- Auckland Local Committee Election – each member can vote for up to 10 committee members
- Rotorua Local Vice President
- Wellington Local Secretary
- Christchurch Local President and Vice President
- Timaru Local Secretary
Elections commencing 0900 hours on 12 July 2022 and closing 1700 hours on 29 July 2022
- Wellington Local President
- Christchurch Local Committee
- Timaru Local Vice President
- All Local members where an election is being held will receive a secure invitation to their personal email address. If no private email was provided to the NZPFU the secure invitation will be sent to their FENZ email address. The sender’s name is NZPFU and the email will originate from bigpulse.com.
- To access the election, click the secure link provided in the email.
- If a biography has been provided you can view a candidate's biography by clicking on the candidate’s name.
- Select one checkbox by clicking the checkbox against a candidate’s name. For Local committee elections up to 10 candidates can be selected
- Finally, click the "Proceed to vote confirm page"
- Optional vote receipt notifications can be selected before clicking "Submit Vote"
- The system will not let you vote more than once.