Please refer to previous newsletters.
After some considerable negotiations, agreement has been reached with the FENZ Transition Office on terms and conditions for Secondments – as attached.
Key points include:
- Guarantee of return to your previous position on completion of the Secondment.
- Based on average earnings for the previous 12 months (i.e. taking into account O/T earned)
- 17% of base pay for Senior Advisor and 12% of base pay for Advisor
- Both payments are subject to Superannuation Subsidy.
Secondment Agreement signed by
- FENZ Transition Office
- Chief Executive of Fire Service
The Agreement then provides a significant remuneration increase on Secondment which recognises the value of the contribution of the Secondee.
The Union encourages members to take up the Secondment, real expertise is critically needed in the FENZ Transition Office – they need all the help they can get – and our members know what is needed.
The Union will meet regularly with the FENZ Transition Office (David Strong – Director) on a 2 – 3 week schedule and also with Paul Swain and Niki Crawford (Commission) 4-6 weekly to discuss progress on Transition.